Copenhagen Diary

Even though I know that one day I will settle down, my mind will not.

Travelling and documenting my travels has always been a passion of mine. I journal, I take photos, making my life a never ending journey is something that I strive for. Discovering new cities, meeting new people, and eating unfamiliar dishes. Saying yes to adventures has led me to so many good decision and outcomes. You see, even though one day I will settle down, my mind will not. My weekend trip in Copenhagen has been one of the greatest trips I’ve had. Summer is slowly coming, and with the sun, it feels like Europe just couldn’t get any more beautiful.

記錄旅行這件事,是我一直都有的習慣。以前是以文字為主,過幾年後接觸了相機,就趨向照片分享,到現在的兩者並行,想想也過了好幾年。第一次與朋友旅行是去韓國,當時還沒開始寫部落格,卻意外的特別有感觸,每天都有很多事想分享。時間快轉,同樣的旅伴,季節由冬天轉向夏初,地點從亞洲拉到北歐。這次的哥本哈根週末之旅,算是我近期最開心最滿意的旅行之一。聽起來或許老套,但這趟真的是天時、地利、人和。

Okay, so having photos and visuals taking over the Internet, Copenhagen is certainly a good choice for #travelphotography. You have everything, rivers, European street views, alleys with pretty plants, and more of course. But my first impression of this Danish capital wasn’t what I saw, but the cheerful atmosphere we experienced. We encountered a few of the most friendly strangers I’ve met for the past 20 years. The city itself is just so happy and positive, definitely a way to get us visitors addicted.

No trip is complete with some sort of brunch session. At least thats how it works between me and Cynthia. We never seem to book any hotel breakfast, because we like to see what the areas has too offer. And since oversleeping is kind of our thing, our breakfast plans always turns in to brunch reality (I’m sure you can relate). This time around its the Europa 1989. I had a full-on vegetarian brunch, which kept me full all the way to dinner.

在現在這個以圖像為主的時代,哥本哈根絕對是個好拍的地方。不過這次,再從飛機場前往旅館的路上,吸引我的並不是美麗的歐洲街景,反而是整個城市散發出來的氛圍 – 歡樂。是啊,丹麥一直都是被公認為世界上最快樂的國家,但輕身體驗過才知道,這樣正面的態度來自他們的步調、清閒的個性以及時常再陌生人臉上看見的友善笑容。比起美食與風景,我倒覺得這樣的感受更能吸引來自世界各地的遊客。

每次旅程來份豐盛的早午餐已經成了固定的行程。基本上,我現在訂旅館都選擇不包早餐的方案,除了能夠讓自己在周邊發覺不一樣的餐廳,同時也是因為我太常睡過早餐時間了(笑)這次選擇的是 Europa 1989 ,我選的是素食早午餐,口味不錯份量也夠。整段用餐時間,客人一組接著一組,可見在當地也是相當受歡迎的一家餐廳。

One of my favourite places in Copenhagen is the The Round Tower. Basically, you walk all the way to the top of the building (the stairs can get quite narrow when you’re about to reach the top, so be careful) – and BOOM this is what the city has to offer. The wind is really strong up there, so I look like a crazy woman in most of my photos, but the view itself  is pretty amazing.

這次到哥本哈根最愛的景點就是 The Round Tower,繞著建築往上走就能到頂樓看到整個市區的風景,很美麗。雖然哥本哈根的大樓不多,但房子和屋頂的顏色都算豐富,眺望著色彩的相互交錯,一切看來很平靜、與世無爭。循著上坡與階梯往頂往上走的時候,一路上還能通到不同的空間,看見不同的展示(如同下圖的教堂就是其中之一)。有些是畫廊、有些是古物的展間,當然也少不了讓人購物的禮品部(笑)

We did spend a fair amount time checking out the tourist spots. The Frederiks Kirke Church, the Gefion Fountain and of course, the famous little mermaid statue. I love every single one of them, and everywhere is basically in walking distance. If I had to complain about one thing, it would be the crowd, but since we visited the places during the weekend, I was ready for all the tourists.

比起先前的旅行,這次走訪觀光景點的次數比較多。第一次來嘛,尊懷當地的歷史和背後故事也是種必要。所有的景點幾乎互相都能以步行的方式抵達 – 壯麗的教堂,可愛的彩色房屋又或是童趣的人魚雕像。因為是週末,加上天氣好,觀光客很多。於是,與其興致沖沖地前往合照,我選擇站在人群後方,靜靜地看。人魚雕像不大,青黑色的色彩和背後的水景及對岸相互應,這樣的景色也是要一定的距離才看到,絕對是不一樣的視覺收穫。

Not to mention the amazing Copenhagen design museum, we lost control of time so we only get to make a quick 20 mins visit. As sad as it sounds, it would be one of the reasons for me to revisit this place again. The truth is, visiting a place once will never be enough for me. There will always be new things to discover and I’ll always be as curious as if I’m here for the first time.

這次唯一的遺憾就是沒有足夠的時間參觀哥本哈根的設計博物館。因為忘記查營業時間,抵達的時候發現他們不到半小時就要關門了。不過,因為很確定一定會再來丹麥旅遊,不如就把博物館留到下次吧。

You’ve been following my journey for a while now (can you believe its been 1.5 years since I started TLG?!),  you know I’ve been to many cities, spent more or less time here and there. There is nothing else I love more than packing my suitcase, wondering around and getting lost a little. Sorry, if I’m being to sentimental, its been a while since travelled completely for leisure. And man, I miss it so much. x

忘記是哪部電影了,但只記得當初走出電影院就一直很想到丹麥走走。一直在名單上,卻與她相見甚晚。一個月前訂下行程後,就時常忍不住微笑,哥本哈根不管是旅行前後,都是那麼的讓人喜愛。來歐洲即將滿一年,陸陸續續走訪的城市越來越多,但這次的丹麥行卻是我近期少數沒有工作課業來純放鬆的。即便是為了探索,走到足履有些酸痛,深吸一口氣,看著眼前的街景,還是覺得心滿意足。

0 Comments

1. Xin wrote:

Lovely photos, so amazing! And why do you always get to travel!! So jealous haha (:xx
    Xin

Posted 5.23.16 Reply
    • haha i guess when you live in Europe, its much easier. I mean almost everywhere is within a 2 hours flight.

Posted 6.11.16 Reply
  2. sileas wrote:

I can relate so much to your restless mind! Your photos of Copenhagen are so beautiful, they spark my wanderlust again…

Posted 5.23.16 Reply
    • Thank you Sileas!! Copenhagen is definitely a beautiful city!

Posted 6.11.16 Reply
  3. Ah! The photos look beautiful, I’ve never been to Copenhagen, but it’s definitely on my travel wishlist!

Posted 5.30.16 Reply
    • Copenhagen has always been top of my list, and it did not disappoint!

Posted 6.11.16 Reply
  4. Irina wrote:

Copenhagen looks like a lovely city! I really want to go there now! <3XOXO, IF || http://youngbooty.blogspot.co.uk

Posted 6.3.16 Reply
    • it is lovely! 🙂 you should absolutely put it on your list.

Posted 6.11.16 Reply
  5. I’ve always wanted to go here, great post!

Posted 6.3.16 Reply
  6. Elisa wrote:

Wow, I just discovered your blog and I adore it!xx Elisawww.francinesplacediy.blogspot.com
    DIY & LIFESTYLE BLOG

Posted 6.5.16 Reply
    • aww, thank you so much Elisa!! I really love yours too! 🙂

Posted 6.11.16 Reply
  7. Copenhagen looks so pretty <3 Loving all of your photos so much Tiffany! Hope you're having a great week! :)XO, Elizabeth

Posted 6.5.16 Reply
    • The city is even more prettier in person! Definitely visit here if you come to Europe! 🙂

Posted 6.11.16 Reply
  8. Fionna Cheuk wrote:

ugh so in love with the pics! wish i could be traveling instead of working right now </3www.fionnac.com

Posted 6.8.16 Reply
    • Thank you much Fionna! I know, whenever i started working, travelling is something I missed the most!

Posted 6.11.16 Reply
  9. Mitzie Mee wrote:

Love your photos of Copenhagen. You really make the city seem wonderful:)

Posted 6.19.16 Reply

this week on @ms.tiffanyyang

• Saw this uncompleted snowman in Daikanyama a few months back. Missing Tokyo and it’s snow..☃️
今天去了附近新開的 salon 看看,從老闆到髮型師都是是日本人,有種來到東京的感覺。好想再去啊,雖然明明才剛回來三個月。
#throwback #tokyo #street #snowman #daikanyama #travelblogger #explore
  • The current state of my vanity - obviously this is not my whole collection, but here are some recent favourites ✨✨ (the beautiful tray is from @byvaleta via @Etsy )
雖然說梳妝台根本放不下我所有的東西,但還是想讓小窩看起來更完整一點。照片裡是我最近常用的產。特別是左邊兩罐粉底,真的是喜歡到不行,想要遮瑕力高一點用 #diorskinforever ,平常自然輕透路線就是 #nars 的瞬效裸肌密🖤 澳洲的朋友都被我推薦一輪了🙈
#fashionblog #discoverunder5k #beautyproducts #favourites #beautyessentials #photooftheday
  • moodborading for my next shoot 📸✨
#freelancer #photographerlife #moodboard #discoverunder5k #melbournephotographer #creativelife #moody #editorial #fashionshoot #kikkilove
  • when your @beara_beara laptop case finally arrived 🖤
#bearabeara #flatlay #flowers #laptopcase #fashion #blogger #dressyourtech #ukbrand #freelancelife #tiffanyyangphotography #discoverunder5k
  • day ten — @nevenka_melbourne
#30daysofmelbourne
  • Thanks for saving my sensitive skin @fancl_official 💜
今年年初發現自己對很多東西的過敏,吃的跟用的都是😭😭 現在試用新的保養跟化妝品都都是膽戰心驚(不誇張,一發作就是紅腫乾)。卸妝油是我戒掉好一陣子的東西了,不過最近發現了 #fancl 整個像找到救星。目前用過最溫和的卸妝油,不泛紅也不長粉刺,太感人。(詳細文章籌備中)
另外,剛剛開起了專門給商攝與靜物的帳號,大家可以看看➡️ @tiffanyyangphoto 🙈🙏🏼✨目前在澳洲都好,接案量也還可以, 雖然還在摸索但終於找到自己不一樣之處還是覺得幸運。
  • day nine — sunset from rose lane.
#30daysofmelbourne

our monthly newsletter

Sign up for a monthly dose of latest content, photography tips, behind the scenes & occasional giveaways.