THE LONDON EDITION

And here we go again…another staycation, it seems like I’m addicted to them. Once every few months, I check myself into a hotel thats currently on my radar, to have a technology & work detox. Though I might still be doing shoots, I don’t write, I don’t check my emails or think about my deadlines. I’ll order breakfast in bed, catchup on tv shows, read or sometimes doodle even.

A week ago, I found another wonderful hotel near Tottenham Court Road, The London Edition. I’m glad to call this place home for two nights. This was my first ever Edition experience, and I was so throughly impressed by the service.

今天要來介紹另一家新發現的倫敦飯店,同樣位於熱鬧的倫敦市區。每隔幾個月,覺得自己遇到瓶頸的時候,就會找一間最近在雜誌或網路上注意到的旅館,住上一到兩晚,放空、充電。在那兩天,或許還是會有攝影,但不修照片、不寫文章也不看電子郵件,純粹就把時間花在自己身上。追追影集、把還沒時間翻的雜誌或小說看一看,有時候也會在筆記本上亂畫插畫。

The London Edition 在 Tottenham Court Road 站附近,這是我第一次住 The Edition 的飯店,經驗非常好,以後去別的城市說不定也會考慮呢!

I loved that their rooms are larger than your average  central London hotels. Specially the bathroom! Which I personally think is very important. The attention they provided to the guests is amazing as well, they were considerate and thoughtful. And don’t get me started on the food! Though I only tried the breakfast, but since its so tasty, I presume their lunch and dinner will be just as great. If you followed me on Instagram (@the.lookingglass or @ms.tiffanyyang) and Snapchat (@yang.tiffany), you’d remember that I ordered room service breakfast two days in a roll. Okay, if I have to be picky, I would say the lighting in the room isn’t quite enough (or perhaps its just mine). It’s absolutely fine during the day, but when the sun goes down, I feel like it can be a bit dark for late night readings.

Location wise, the hotel is near Oxford st. and Soho. And 2 mins walk to my favourite cafe Tap Coffee No.193! What a major plus! If you’re travelling to London for the first time, I would highly recommend The Edition. It’s close to everywhere you need to get to in the central. Specially if you like shopping ha!

我很喜歡他們的一點是,比起倫敦很多其他的旅館,這裏的空間算很充裕。大衣櫃、走廊、廁所也不會淋浴間跟洗手台只離小步這樣。他們的服務也十分周到,對客人的各種需求也都會特別注意。最讓我滿意的就是他們房內用餐的餐單,雖然我只有嚐過早餐,但水平真的很高,相信午晚餐也不會太差。假如你有追蹤部我個人 (@ms.tiffanyyang) 的 Instagram  就會發現,雖然我的房型沒有附早餐,我還是連兩天都點來吃。如果硬要雞蛋裡挑骨頭的話,我覺得房間的燈光不是很夠,白天的時候沒有問題,但到了晚上,想看書什麼的就會覺得有點偏暗。

以地點來說,旅館鄰近牛津街和蘇活區,而且離我最愛的 Tap Coffee 193 也只有兩分鐘的路程。如果是第一次來倫敦旅遊的人,我真的非常推薦 The London Edition,因為離市區的各個地方都很近,特別是如果你很著種購物的話(笑)

Meanwhile, I’m on the plane back to Taipei. I just finished watching the Steve Jobs film actually, and let me just say this ⎯ Michael Fassbender is seriously one of the best actors on the planet. Have you guys seen it yet? Check it out if you haven’t. I’ll be staying home for 48 hours, then catch another plane to Australia. Its been a year since I last went back, so you can imagine my excitement. Can’t wait to share my moments there with you. Get ready! x

在寫這篇文章的時候,我人正在回台灣的飛機上。剛看完 Steve Jobs 的電影,比我想像中的好看很多,步調緊湊,完全不冷場,而且男主角 Michael Fassbender 演技很精湛,是我很喜歡的男演員之一。你們看過了嗎?還沒的話,讓我私心推薦一下(笑)這次會先在台灣短暫停留48小時,然後就要到澳洲一個禮拜,離上次回去已經整整隔了一年。以前在讀書的時候每天想著要趕快畢業到倫敦,但等到真的離開了才發現自己很捨不得那裡。等不及與你們分享這次的旅程,敬請期待唷!x

Share:

1. 3.21.16 / 2:07 pm

This hotel looks beautiful and so nice! I keep it in mind if I’m going to London some day :)http://violettedaily.com

• 3.25.16 / 4:31 pm

It is really pretty and the service is great as well! definitely put in on your list 😉

2. 3.21.16 / 2:51 pm

I like the Steve Jobs film! It’s really great! By the way, Fassbender is absolutely cute hahahahaThe Dressmaker is awesome as well! Kate Winslet stands on top of my favorite actresses.And your photos definitely get more professional than one year ago!
    So happy for you and enjoy appreciating them all xx

• 3.25.16 / 4:37 pm

He is adorable! and handsome, ahhh everything lol. I love Dressmaker too! I watched on the plane a few days ago :)Thank you Elise, I’m glad to know I improved! And so happy that you like them! Have a great weekend!!

3. Alice
    3.21.16 / 4:35 pm

Honestly any hotel would look gorgeous through your lens. Agree Fassbender is an amazing actor, I love watching him! By the way did I mention I always try to read your writing in Chinese as well in attempt to not completely forget the language? I admire so much how fluent you are in both languages; I moved from Taiwan after 1st grade so my Chinese is only so so!xo, alice / T Y P E N U

• 3.25.16 / 4:42 pm

Aww, thank you Alice, you are so sweet! I’m so happy you like the photos.1st grade! so early, do you go back to Taiwan often?I didn’t move away from home until year 11, so actually my Chinese is better than English haha! I write in both language so that I can improve my english and also keep up with Chinese. 😛

• 3.25.16 / 4:43 pm

Thank you! I will definitely check out your blog! 🙂

• 3.25.16 / 4:45 pm

Thank you Xin, I’m glad you enjoyed them. I feel like staycation is a great alternative for travelling! 🙂

4. 3.23.16 / 2:58 pm

This hotel just looks like perfection! I’ll have to bookmark it for the next time I’m in the city visiting friends!

• 3.25.16 / 4:46 pm

Definitely stay at The Edition, I hope you’ll love it as much as I do!

5. 3.23.16 / 7:29 pm

Oh your staycations sound wonderful! I definitely pick up this idea for myself as well… Safe travels and lots of fun in Oz!

• 3.25.16 / 11:21 pm

Yeah, staycation is the best way to relax, especially if don’t have time to travel far 🙂 thank you Sileas!

6. 3.24.16 / 3:28 pm

tap coffee! i love that place! and wow, what a good life tiffany. wish i could take more staycations. especially in one of these gorgeous hotels you keep writing about! hehe hope you’re having fun xo

• 3.25.16 / 11:22 pm

I love it too! they have really good chocolate cake! 😛

7. 3.25.16 / 2:58 am

What a gorgeous room/hotel! You always have such beautiful photos. That’s really a good idea to do a staycation, it sounds like it was so refreshing.

• 3.25.16 / 11:24 pm

Thank you Kathryn! Yeah staycation is a great travel alternative!!

8. 3.25.16 / 8:46 pm

There are so many films this past year that I need to get on like Steve Jobs. And I love Kate Winslet. This place looks like such a nice place to relax. And I love getting room service!xx Yasmin

• 3.25.16 / 11:24 pm

Me too! I love getting room service, especially for breakfast. Theres just something so appealing about breakfast in bed! 🙂

9. 3.27.16 / 12:07 am

Lovely post! Maybe we could follow each other on GFC and instagram @djonovic_milica? If yes, follow me and I follow back as soon as I see it.Let me know with a comment on my Bloghttp://allbymilica.blogspot.com/
    kisses

10. 3.29.16 / 4:30 am

Staycations are vital to keeping sane in a busy busy life. Looks glorious. I have not seen Steve Jobs movie but I probably should. :]// ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲