Pearls in Check

Aloha, We’re back in action. My babble on the undying jewellery crush.

Though, most of the time I don’t actually remember to grab any jewellery on the way out to the door, for what should be a completion of my outfit. And I always find myself sitting in the classroom, distracted by my uncomfortably bared fingers. Am I the only one? I hope not. Despite myself being so forgetful, I have concluded yet another convincing theory: one can never have enough jewellery.

許久未出刊的飾品文,因為平時幫忙拍照的朋友或家人都不在身邊,花了點時間琢磨腳架,終於可以拍出滿意的照片和你們分享新發現的飾品了。

但我不得不老實說,以一個這麼愛飾品的人來說,我出門忘記配戴的頻率真的太高了。有時候急急忙忙跑出門口,到了教室,坐下低頭一望,才發現自己的雙手空空的,每次遇到這種情況,都會有點分心。

Meanwhile, I continue to be pleasantly surprised by the pieces Dover Street Market brings to their stores. Given my recent liking on statement rings, this over 40 years label, Etienne Perret, has got it pretty on point. I imagine wearing just one of his creation would already be a killer highlight.

As an undercover boy, I never imagined myself getting a pearl ring. But clearly, I’m a fan. I love the fact that it goes with almost any outfit. I’ve wore it with my usual baggy top and boots, a former blazer, and also the classic LBD. I have to say, this feminine piece has seriously got me impressed, every time I look down at my index finger, I smile like some kid looking at her favourite chocolate (I bet my classmates think I’m weird, but oh well). A worthy indulgent.

在東京、北京、紐約和倫敦都有分店的 Dover Street Market時常引進許多大大小小獨特個性的品牌。每隔一段時間走進店裡,總是能發現不一樣的驚喜。最近的我,迷上在手上配戴一枚戒指,比起以前的偏好的堆疊風格顯得簡單許多。不過,這樣的簡單搭配有時候比反覆的混搭來得有效果,更利落大方。

這次在 Dover Street Market 挖掘到的是來自美國的 Etienne Perret。超過四十年的品牌歷史,擅長婚戒鑽戒等等的高級飾品,不過最近推出了偏年輕的 Ceramic Ring 系列。正式優雅的珍珠,經過巧思,轉變成了可以每日配戴的美麗配件。這樣的珍珠戒指不需要等到正式場合,搭配著平日的穿搭,也可以戴出質感,畫龍點睛。對我來說,比起只能久久拿出來戴的,這樣的飾品更值得投資。

“Oh god, I love your ring, where is it from?” “Thanks, it’s Etienne Perret.” Ah, I just love how this conversation sounds. Music to my ears.

“你的戒指真美,是在個牌子的呀?” “謝謝,是 Etienne Perret的” 最近遇到這樣的情況,嘴角都會忍不住上揚。

Ciao. -Tiffany

Etienne Perret Black Dome Ceramic Ring (White Pearl) via Dover Street Market

0 Comments

1. Ellese wrote:

Gorgeous ring! I can see why you get many compliments. XO, ElleseRock.Paper.Glam.

Posted 1.24.16 Reply
  2. Loving how simple and minimalistic this ring is 🙂 It’s absolutely perfect for your style, Tiffany <3 Haha and no, don't worry, I completely agree – a girl can never have too much jewelry! Wishing you a great week ahead!XO, Elizabeth

Posted 1.25.16 Reply
    • I know right! jewellery is probably one of the most important things. thank you Elizabeth, I’m glad you like the ring as well! Have a great week too!

Posted 1.31.16 Reply
  3. Love the ring Tiffany, it’s so pretty! It fits your style perfectly 🙂 And I agree with you; a person can never have enough jewellery! The jewellery section is the first thing I check when I enter a store!Have a lovely day Tiffany!http://www.theavantguardian.com

Posted 1.25.16 Reply
    • Thank you Igrien! i know, i always wonder around the jewellery counter as well. You should really check out Dover Street Market, they have an amazing collection! have a great day too! x

Posted 1.31.16 Reply
  4. Kathryn wrote:

Such a beautiful, classic ring! Rings are one of my favorite jewelry pieces to wear.

Posted 1.25.16 Reply
  5. sileas wrote:

Super cute, subtle and classy! It matches anything and your photos are absolutely lovely!

Posted 1.27.16 Reply
    • aww, thank you Sileas! i’m so glad you like the photos! And you’re right the pearl really brings a bit of cuteness to the piece. 🙂

Posted 1.31.16 Reply
  6. annie lee wrote:

I think pearl is a great way to glam up any look! Pearl earrings are always my go-to 🙂 the ringis absolutely gorgeous without being too feminine! I love x

Posted 1.28.16 Reply
    • thank you Annie! I haven’t really try pearl jewellery until this one (funny me!). But i’ll definably start experimenting pearl pieces now. 😉

Posted 1.31.16 Reply
  7. Elise wrote:

Perfect ring! so simple and elegant :)The Chloe tote and the pouch (Anya Hindmarch?) are pretty too!The photos are awesome as always, and even better:)

Posted 1.28.16 Reply
    • yes, the pouch is from Anya Hindmarsh! I actually lost mine in Tokyo, but then my friend bought me another one as a birthday surprise! i absolutely love the brand, specially the small leather pieces, so cute and fun!thank you so much Elise, I’m glad you like my photos. Its not easy to shoot yourself with a tripod, but it was a fun challenge. 🙂 have a great day!!!

Posted 1.31.16 Reply
  8. Gorgeous post! Obsessed with your blog!Jac Fleurant

Posted 2.1.16 Reply
    • thank you so much! i really like yours as well 🙂

Posted 3.6.16 Reply
  9. Rachel wrote:

Such elegant ring! beautiful!http://chicglamstyle.com

Posted 3.3.16 Reply
  10. That ring is so delicate and lovely, we can see it going it with so many different outfits!ISA Professional

Posted 7.20.16 Reply

this week on @ms.tiffanyyang

• Saw this uncompleted snowman in Daikanyama a few months back. Missing Tokyo and it’s snow..☃️
今天去了附近新開的 salon 看看,從老闆到髮型師都是是日本人,有種來到東京的感覺。好想再去啊,雖然明明才剛回來三個月。
#throwback #tokyo #street #snowman #daikanyama #travelblogger #explore
  • The current state of my vanity - obviously this is not my whole collection, but here are some recent favourites ✨✨ (the beautiful tray is from @byvaleta via @Etsy )
雖然說梳妝台根本放不下我所有的東西,但還是想讓小窩看起來更完整一點。照片裡是我最近常用的產。特別是左邊兩罐粉底,真的是喜歡到不行,想要遮瑕力高一點用 #diorskinforever ,平常自然輕透路線就是 #nars 的瞬效裸肌密🖤 澳洲的朋友都被我推薦一輪了🙈
#fashionblog #discoverunder5k #beautyproducts #favourites #beautyessentials #photooftheday
  • moodborading for my next shoot 📸✨
#freelancer #photographerlife #moodboard #discoverunder5k #melbournephotographer #creativelife #moody #editorial #fashionshoot #kikkilove
  • when your @beara_beara laptop case finally arrived 🖤
#bearabeara #flatlay #flowers #laptopcase #fashion #blogger #dressyourtech #ukbrand #freelancelife #tiffanyyangphotography #discoverunder5k
  • day ten — @nevenka_melbourne
#30daysofmelbourne
  • Thanks for saving my sensitive skin @fancl_official 💜
今年年初發現自己對很多東西的過敏,吃的跟用的都是😭😭 現在試用新的保養跟化妝品都都是膽戰心驚(不誇張,一發作就是紅腫乾)。卸妝油是我戒掉好一陣子的東西了,不過最近發現了 #fancl 整個像找到救星。目前用過最溫和的卸妝油,不泛紅也不長粉刺,太感人。(詳細文章籌備中)
另外,剛剛開起了專門給商攝與靜物的帳號,大家可以看看➡️ @tiffanyyangphoto 🙈🙏🏼✨目前在澳洲都好,接案量也還可以, 雖然還在摸索但終於找到自己不一樣之處還是覺得幸運。
  • day nine — sunset from rose lane.
#30daysofmelbourne

our monthly newsletter

Sign up for a monthly dose of latest content, photography tips, behind the scenes & occasional giveaways.