glad that we finally Meet, Bobbi Brown.

A self-proclaimed sucker for the easy way out. Bobbi Brown is a life hack I’ve been missing out since…forever. Of course, I’ve heard amazing things about the brand, but most of them sounded too good to be true. So I’ve stayed away, loyally painting my face with the same set of go-to makeup essentials when I reached 20 (yes, I could win the annual Lancôme gold award, if there’s ever such a thing).

Until now.

I recently stopped by the Liberty beauty section, skeptically gave the infamous Bobbi Brown foundation stick a try. It claims to give you the most natural yet complete look in just a few seconds. This to me means more time to sleep in the morning — I just had to try.

以一個二十多歲的女子來說,使用過的彩妝品實在不算多。不如保養那樣費心注意,一直以來都十分忠實,同樣的產品一再回購。梳妝台上的化妝品幾乎都來自同一品牌,很少更換。開始接觸彩妝算一算也有兩年多,卻是第一次自發性的在 Bobbi Brown 櫃前停下腳步。

實在相見恨晚。

不管是口耳相傳或是網路評價都有著許多好評,但真正的燃起我興趣的是快捷輕潤粉妝條。除了清透,持久度高等等的口號,好上手跟快速完妝是吸引我想入手的原因。是的,長期睡眠不足,任何能夠多睡一點的方針我都願意嘗試(笑)

Shown in the photo right & below: Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick | Bobbi Brown Bronzing Powder | Bobbi Brown Blush in Pale Pink | Bobbi Brown Extra Lip Tint (in colour Bare Pink)

I have pretty clear skin, so I usually don’t need too much coverage (for those whose looking for higher coverage may need to do a second layer). Applying the foundation stick gives the skin a soft and matte finish, and it feels pretty weightless throughout the day. Though the product comes with a creamy texture, it is really easy to blend, and of course, there’s no caked-on feel!

I know the fussiest thing about searching for a new foundation is colour matching. Most of us are in between shades, even. But don’t worry, Bobbi Brown has a wide range of shades which makes it a lot easier to find the perfect one.

本身膚況還算好,除了黑眼圈和每個月定期會在下巴長的痘子,基本上沒有什麼問題。底妝的要求就是自然、保濕、不浮粉,遮瑕力倒是其次(當天專櫃小姐有說,想要遮瑕的話,也可以在特定區域多上一層)。我偏好霧面的妝感,所以對這款產品十分滿意。質地也好推,不過妝前保濕一定要做好,才能發揮其持久度高的優點。

另外,對我來說,入手新的底妝粉底,選色是頭痛的問題;其實許多時候,很多女孩都是卡在兩個色號之間;但 Bobbi Brown 的產品向來都有很多色號,光是粉妝條就有24種不同的,跟我們的肌膚也就相對更能完美接近了。

❝ Confidence is everything, but a little makeup can’t hurt. And with the right foundation, any woman can look like she naturally has even, perfect skin ❞
– Bobbi Brown

What I normally do now, after the foundation and setting powder is to apply a thin layer of the brand’s Bronzing Powder. Dust across the forehead, chin, and cheeks to create depth. Although some may think bronzers are for summer, I personally just love how it creates a healthier look on your face all year around. And of course, I wouldn’t leave the counter with some sort of lip products. The Extra Lip Tint is a great go-to lip balm for moisturising, yet with a hint of pink that brings out the best in your lips. Overall, Bobbi Brown is definitely a brand that holds a steady place in my cosmetic case now.

在上完底妝與蜜粉後,我習慣在額頭、笑肌和下巴幾處淡淡上一層飛霞修容餅。刷勻後,能增加立體感之外,微古銅色也能綜合泛紅的肌膚,營造健康的氣色。當然,一如往常地在嘗試新品牌時,一定會入手唇膏或唇彩類的產品。一開始物色的其實是裸色的唇膏,不過試用過後發現晶鑽桂馥潤色護唇膏更得我心。滋潤的保養成分,配上淡粉色,有助於提亮唇部色澤,單一或是唇彩後使用皆可。不得不說,這段時間的試用下來,對於 Bobbi Brown 印象真的超完美。

Years ago, I used to be a little embarrassed about not applying anything on my face. All my friends had made sure they had lipstick and mascara on almost every day. I wasn’t sure why, but I just wasn’t ready. I even build up this “I don’t have time for this” attitude just to guard myself against those who once told me not putting makeup on means you’re not making yourself presentable (oh yes, that’s what they said).

It wasn’t until college that I realised I just didn’t mind the way I look without makeup. Sure, I had dark undereye circles and pimples from time to time, but really, it wasn’t the biggest deal. And now if I’m honest, pampering is never about covering up your flaws, it’s about taking the time for yourself. The moment is for you to recognise your best features. Same goes with making yourself a cup of tea and lighting up some candles, it’s just about YOU. So lastly, let me encourage all of you to think of makeup differently (if you haven’t) like Bobbi Brown used to say:

❝ A woman is most beautiful when she looks like herself ❞

文章最後,想和你們聊聊化妝這件事。大家是幾歲開始接觸彩妝呢?我是在大學之後,比起同齡的,的確算晚。外加可能因為出過國,許多人聽到都有些驚訝。其實,過去,我對於自己不懂得化妝這件事是感到有些丟臉自卑,試過到專櫃晃晃,但實在是激不起興趣。當時也不知道原因在哪,只好安慰自己可能天生手殘不適合;而面對身邊的疑問,總以一擋百,將出門很趕沒時間作為理由。

後來發現,當時的自己只是純粹覺得全素沒什麼不好。不是自戀,黑眼圈、痘痘,泛紅等等我都有,只是不想把臉藏在妝容後面。說穿了,就是年紀小對於化妝的認知不成熟。開始接觸後,發現彩妝這件事,並不是為了遮瑕或改變;反而,每天提早半小時起床,放點音樂,保養後看著鏡子,仔細替自己上妝,如同夜晚喝茶的時光般,是認識與寵愛自己的好時機。妝,是化給自己看,突顯優點用的;絕對不是為了在他人面前做掩飾。你們,同意嗎?套句 Bobbi Brown 女士的語錄:

女人在做自己的時候,最美 ❞

shot on Nikon DF with 24-85mm lens

0 Comments

1. Elizabeth T. wrote:

I’ve heard such great things about Bobbi Brown’s foundation stick for the longest time, and I’ve really wanted to try it! 🙂 So glad to hear that it’s working out well for you! Will definitely have to give this a try next time I’m at Sephora! <3 Wishing you a great weekend Tiffany!XO, Elizabeth

Posted 2.18.17 Reply
    • I’ve heard so much about it as well! But the price is bit high, it took me so long to finally gave in haha! Please try, and let me know what you think 🙂

Posted 3.2.17 Reply
  2. Violette wrote:

I never tried any of Bobbi Brown’s products but they look amazing! Thanks for sharing!http://violettedaily.com

Posted 2.19.17 Reply
  3. swati sharma wrote:

I love bobbi brown products…www.crazyaboutcolors.com

Posted 2.20.17 Reply
  4. annie lee wrote:

you couldn’t have said it better tiffany, embrace your flaws (who’s perfect anyways?) and pamper yourself for YOURSELF! i think the first ever foundation i used was this bobbi brown stick foundation. i kinda forgot how it was but you made me wanna try it again :)theleeday.com

Posted 2.20.17 Reply
    • I know right, I feel like only if we’re doing it for ourselves, then we do it best. Not that I’m a makeup expert haha…but I’m sure you know what I mean! Have a great day Annie x

Posted 3.2.17 Reply
  5. Yasmin wrote:

OMG I totally want to try that foundation stick. It sounds like such a simple way to apply foundation. And I hate putting on a ton of liquid or powder foundation. This seems a little less messy. Thanks for the rec!xx Yasmin

Posted 2.20.17 Reply
    • They are definitely fuss-free! so easy to blend and apply! Thanks for stopping by Yasmin x

Posted 3.2.17 Reply
  6. Yasmin wrote:

I am in love with BOBBI BROWN after purchasing her blush, bobbi brown powder blush in Apricot. So pigmented and lovely shade of pink. It’s my everyday go-to shade!xo,
    I AM YASMIN

Posted 2.21.17 Reply
    • I knoww! They have great blushes, and I love their shades as well. 🙂

Posted 3.2.17 Reply
  7. Jane wrote:

Ilove BOBBI BROWN!I’ve been using its eyeliner gel for many years!xo, Janehttp://www.fitfabfunmom.com

Posted 2.22.17 Reply
    • I haven’t tried their eyeliner before, will check them out next time!

Posted 3.2.17 Reply
  8. alya wrote:

Great review!Alya / moorizZLA xx

Posted 2.23.17 Reply
  9. Dolce Nina wrote:

Love this review! xoxoladolcenina.wordpress.com

Posted 2.25.17 Reply
  10. Vicky T. wrote:

Oh I’ve heard so much great things about Bobbi Brown cosmetics as well but never got to try any. They are a little more to the pricier side but if it works well, it sure is worth it. Hopefully I get to try some soon!Vicky

Posted 3.1.17 Reply
    • They are, I was hesitating when first heard about them as well. But they are definitely worth it! Have a great day Vicky:)

Posted 3.2.17 Reply

this week on @ms.tiffanyyang

• Saw this uncompleted snowman in Daikanyama a few months back. Missing Tokyo and it’s snow..☃️
今天去了附近新開的 salon 看看,從老闆到髮型師都是是日本人,有種來到東京的感覺。好想再去啊,雖然明明才剛回來三個月。
#throwback #tokyo #street #snowman #daikanyama #travelblogger #explore
  • The current state of my vanity - obviously this is not my whole collection, but here are some recent favourites ✨✨ (the beautiful tray is from @byvaleta via @Etsy )
雖然說梳妝台根本放不下我所有的東西,但還是想讓小窩看起來更完整一點。照片裡是我最近常用的產。特別是左邊兩罐粉底,真的是喜歡到不行,想要遮瑕力高一點用 #diorskinforever ,平常自然輕透路線就是 #nars 的瞬效裸肌密🖤 澳洲的朋友都被我推薦一輪了🙈
#fashionblog #discoverunder5k #beautyproducts #favourites #beautyessentials #photooftheday
  • moodborading for my next shoot 📸✨
#freelancer #photographerlife #moodboard #discoverunder5k #melbournephotographer #creativelife #moody #editorial #fashionshoot #kikkilove
  • when your @beara_beara laptop case finally arrived 🖤
#bearabeara #flatlay #flowers #laptopcase #fashion #blogger #dressyourtech #ukbrand #freelancelife #tiffanyyangphotography #discoverunder5k
  • day ten — @nevenka_melbourne
#30daysofmelbourne
  • Thanks for saving my sensitive skin @fancl_official 💜
今年年初發現自己對很多東西的過敏,吃的跟用的都是😭😭 現在試用新的保養跟化妝品都都是膽戰心驚(不誇張,一發作就是紅腫乾)。卸妝油是我戒掉好一陣子的東西了,不過最近發現了 #fancl 整個像找到救星。目前用過最溫和的卸妝油,不泛紅也不長粉刺,太感人。(詳細文章籌備中)
另外,剛剛開起了專門給商攝與靜物的帳號,大家可以看看➡️ @tiffanyyangphoto 🙈🙏🏼✨目前在澳洲都好,接案量也還可以, 雖然還在摸索但終於找到自己不一樣之處還是覺得幸運。
  • day nine — sunset from rose lane.
#30daysofmelbourne

our monthly newsletter

Sign up for a monthly dose of latest content, photography tips, behind the scenes & occasional giveaways.